Tuesday, December 1, 2009

If You Can't Be Free, Be Cheap

A scaled down 'Zappadan' this year, which means really nothing different than from the previous. Might be able to score a new Zappadan candle, which we'll see. Other than that, nothing extravagant planned. The mood is different this year. I feel more tired, less energetic. It might be a good time to be solemn, to be reflective and calm.

I remember reading or listening or seeing FZ say that when he listens to music, he does nothing else while listening. I did that today, perhaps for the first time. I listen to music all the time, but I do so while working, while walking, driving, cleaning. Today, I sat back and just listened and it was an interesting experience. I look forward to doing that with Frank's music this Zappadan and I invite you to do the same.

It's been a meager year from the ZFT as well. The Lumpy Money Project came out in January and nothing since has come forth. There's a pre-order on Philly '76, but it might be a case of things winding down. That's a shame. I enjoyed 'Wazoo' and even 'One Shot Deal.' Maybe more will come in 2010?

Who knows? That's a whole month away. Let us now drink and be merry as we listen to Frank.

1 comment:

mark hoback said...

Good to see you back this year.